Free admission plus onolicious bowls, entertainment, noodle eating contests and more
BY: FROLIC HAWAII MAR 19, 2018
Slurp’s up! Oahu’s first-ever Noodle Festival, presented by Sun Noodle, is happening March 24, 2018 from 3-9 p.m. on Auahi Street fronting Ward Centre. Hawaii’s favorite noodle restaurants will be serving up their most popular dishes and other onolicious grinds at a fun evening of noodle-themed festivities. Best of all, admission is FREE.
Between slurps, Noodle Fest will feature a variety of performances and entertainment including two noodle eating contests. Here’s a taste of the lineup:
- 3 p.m.: Noodle Fest begins!
- 3:15-3:45 p.m.: Taiko drumming performance by Ryukyukoku Matsuri Daiko Hawaii
- 3:45-4 p.m.: Miss Chinatown Court appearance
- 4-5 p.m.: Ukulele performances by the Ukulele Hale (featuring Heart & Soul and Kui Lima)
- 5-5:20 p.m.: Sun Noodle Cooking demonstration and free WikiWiki Noodle Giveaway
- 5:20-5:30 p.m.: Facebook Live Tailgating event at the Toyota Hawaii booth
- 5:30-6 p.m.: Musical performance by Micah Ganiron & Friends
- 6-6:20 p.m.: Sam Choy’s in the Kitchen segment with chef Sam Choy and John Veneri
- 6:30-6:55 p.m.: THE NOODLE BOWL 10-minute noodle eating endurance challenge (the winner wins a trip for two to Las Vegas)
- 7-7:30 p.m.: Ukulele performance by Karlie Goya
- 7:30-7:55 p.m.: Tsuru Ton Tan udon eating competition
- 8-8:30 p.m.: Ukulele performance by Honoka & Azita
- 8:30-8:55 p.m.: 88 Pal Pal Supermarket spicy noodle eating competition – whoever can eat two bowls of Samyang’s Nuclear Fire Noodles the fastest wins
… plus lots more! Note: Eating contest sign-ups will start at 5 p.m. at the info booth next to the stage. Only one contest per entrant, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Here’s your noodle-icious eating guide for the evening:
Agu Ramen Bistro
Tonkotsu Shio Ramen
Famous Oxtail Ramen
Bed, Bath & Beyond (retail)
Elena’s Filipino Food
Other featured dishes include Lumpia & Rice, Pork Adobo, Chicken Adobo, Gisantes, Lechon Special, Dinuguan and Pork Adobo Fried Rice Omelette.
Vegetable Cold Noodle with tangy dipping sauce
Ginger Chicken Cold Noodle with ginger & scallion sauce.
S&S Cup Saimin
Chicken Long Rice and Hawaiian Food
Smoked Meat Fried Noodles
Maile’s Thai Bistro
Pad Thai, Thai cuisine
Novel-T World (retail)
The Pig & The Lady
Bun Bo Hue
Hot & Spicy Wonton Min
Umami Teppan Kingyo
Apparel and official Noodle Fest event tees will be sold here.